Faculty of Library
The Shendurni Secondary Education Co-operative Society’s’ established Arts & Commerce College in May 1971 & Science branch started from academic year 2006-07. The college library having separate building centrally located in the campus. Library building is two storage. Ground floor area of 990 Sq. fits. & First Floor acquire area of 990 sq. fits. Total Constructed are up to 1980 Sq. fits. The library building is Stacking Room on ground floor & same as Reading Room on first floor. The library is ventilated with adequate facilities. It is a partially computerized library. The college library is one of the fulfill and structured library in the rural area. In our library there are 24504 books of senior college & 3381 books of Junior College including Reference Books, Encyclopedia and Dictionaries etc. of various subjects. The college library regularly subscribes print version 60 periodicals, journals, magazines & 10 daily newspapers. There are 1378 bound volumes of journals & magazines in the library. Online e-Resources “N-LIST” (INFLIBNET) Sodh Sindhu, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) is available in library. There are four computers in the library. Which are used for monitoring the accession of books issue system & etc.
For the last nine years computerized system is being used & Last five years using e-Granthalaya (3.0) Integrated Library Management System Software. A separate reading room for boys & Girls is available. The library also provides reference section along with separate seating arrangement for teachers, & college staff.
There is Open Access for the teachers &staff. The library working hours are from 9.30a.m. To 4.30p.m. on working days (Monday-Friday) & 8.30am to 1.30pm. on Saturday. On all working days including vacations. The reading room of library is also open from 8.30am to 4.30pm without Sunday & other holidays. During the examination period reading room is also open from 9.00am to 6.00pm.
In the Audio visual aids are made also available 57 CDs & DVDs are the equipment’s used for various purposes these helps all the Stock Holder.
The staff of the Central Library
|Sr.No.||Name of Employee||Designation||Qualification|
|1.||Prof. Dhargave D.H.||Librarian||M.A., M. Lib. & Info.Sci., NET|
|2.||Mr. L.N. Sonawane||Lib. Attendant||S.S.C.|
|3.||Mr. S.S. Patil||Lib. Attendant||B.A., B. Lib.|
|4.||Mr. A.R. Lokhande||Lib. Attendant||H.S.C.|
|5.||Mr. M. R. Patil||Lib. Attendant||M.A., B. Lib.|
- Library Rules
Library Timing :
Monday To Friday : 8.30 AM To 4.30 PM
Saturday : 8.30 AM To 1.30 PM
Lunch Time : 12.30 PM To 1.30 PM
Circulation Time : 8.30 AM To 12.30 PM
Rule & Regulations:
- Students can issue 2 library books on 2 library borrow cards for a week.
- Renewal of the books will depend on availability and requirement of the same by others.
- Students can issue one books for overnight on I-Card.
- Loss of I-Card/Borrower cards should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Issue of duplicate I-card as well as borrow cards will be made against due charges.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books / journals / periodicals within the library premises only against I-cards.
- A fine Rs.1/- day will be charged on late return of books issued on library borrow cards.
- A fine Rs.5/- day will be charged on late return of books issued on I-card.
- Writing of scribbling on or tearing of pages of library books, news papers, periodicals etc. is prohibited & will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards as & when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Difficulties if any should be discussed with the librarian.
- On loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their names in the entry register maintained at reference reading hall & Circulation Counter.
- Borrower’s card & I-Card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are not allowed in library.
- Library Activities:
Library Providing the facility & services of Reference Services, Current Awareness Services, SDI Services, Referral Services, Inter Library Loan Services, Internet Services, Online e-Resources Services, Book-Bank facility for Students, Library - College To Village (For Village Adoption Scheme), News Paper Clipping & etc. to students & Staff.